Hydraulic Presses for Compression Molding of Rubber, Plastics and Composites
Genesis Series Hydraulic Composite Press in 15 to 150 Ton Capacities
Genesis Series presses are state-of-the-art hydraulic presses for compression molding of rubber, plastics and composites. The Genesis Series reflects more than a half century of WABASH leadership in hydraulic press design and construction. It is rugged enough for a round-the-clock performance on the production floor, but works equally well as a precision laboratory press.
Genesis presses are available in 15 through 150 ton capacities. The hydraulic system produces faster closing and opening speeds, making it ideal for use with many of today's advanced molding compounds. Optional heated platens are available for 500°F, 800°F and 1200°F operating temperatures, which are required for many other applications including composite, ceramic and other molding.
Genesis Series Hydraulic Presses from Wabash MPI can be Customized to Your Specifications
While standard WABASH Genesis Presses handle a broad range of applications and can be upgraded or performance-enhanced with available options, your unique requirements may call for a "customized" press. Consult your WABASH representative for more information about "customization " for your particular needs.
Wabash reserves the right to change specifications without notice. Presses and accessories may differ from photos shown.
Wabash strongly recommends the use of a safety shield and personal protection equipment when operating Wabash equipment.
See list of additional optional features.
Standard Features for Genesis Series Composite Presses:
- Clamp force available from 15 to 150 tons
- Platen size: 12" x 12" to 48" x 48"
- Programmable controller with access module
- Automatic transfer from closing to pressing speed
- Closing speed 70 IPM
- Pressing speed 6 IPM
- OSHA approved operating system
- Pressure relief valve
- Integral hydraulic system with high-efficiency TEFC motor, reservoir, gauge and water-cooled heat exchanger
- Electrical supply: 460/3/60 (other voltages available)
Optional Features for Genesis Series Compression Molding Presses:
- Work table
- Larger platen sizes
- Special programmable controllers
- Heated platens (to 500°F, 650°F, 800°F or 1200°F) with cartridge heaters
- Digital PID temperature controllers. Low pressure system
- Water cooled platens
- Contact gauge for quieter & more efficient operation
- Multiple daylights
- High speed hydraulic package
- Air-cooled heat exchanger
- WaterSaver valve for heat exchanger
- Low pressure system
- Pressing speed control
- Adjustable fast close control
- Hydraulic part ejector
- Digital display of clamp force
- Electronic force control
- Electrically heated platen package
- 7 day timer for heaters
- Cycle counter
- Extra heat zones in platen(s)
- Audible or visual alarms
- Temperature controller and plugs for mold heaters
- Mold protection package
- 220, 380 or 575 volt operation
- T-slots or tapped holes in platen for mold mounting
- Light curtains